Wednesday 30 May 2012

Zumbo Macarons


I've had Zumbo's recipe book for..... a while now and haven't yet attempted anything from it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to, but it would take the whole weekend for one recipe, and right now I like making lots of things. Soon, though, I think I may have a Zumbo month where I make up some of his delicious recipes each weekend.

Any who, I picked macarons as my first Zumbo recipe, mostly because I know macarons, so there was no going wrong there, and just to see how a different recipe goes, you know, coz I can.
So I went ahead and made up macarons, just white ones because I picked salted caramel and butter popcorn as the fillings. Also, at work, I've been asked to make a GIANT macaron, hence the big one. It was just a trial, but the one I've been asked to do is supposed to be twice the size. WTF?! But that's cool, I suppose.


5inch macaron

Salted Caramel filling with unfilled macarons

Giving it some perspective

Its huge.... and still not filled

Nom nom nom, Salted caramel & Butter popcorn macarons


No comments:

Post a Comment