Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mothers Day


'Scuse the picture quality, I pinched them off my phone :)
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!! Here's to you, all the mums of the world who get up everyday and put their kids first. The ones who are up all night looking after sick kids, juggling their schedules to make sure they make it to performances, school excursions, sports games. To the mums who never got to meet their child, or the ones that now carry the loss of a child on their shoulders everyday. We love you and appreciate you and you need to know you're worth it! (Dont worry dads, there's a day for you too later in the year)



This morning I got breakfast in bed. It wasn't exactly a surprise, as for the last week leading up to mothers day, Bianca has  been planning with military precision. I had been informed through out the week that I would get breakfast in bed, whatever I wanted, then I could stay in bed all day. Lunch we would be having a picnic, either inside or outside depending on the weather. Dinner could also be whatever I wanted and I didn't have to do a thing. Poor hubby received a fair few lectures from B about how today should go. She came into our room this morning at 8am to get the hubby up. "Daddy, wake up, we have to make mummy breakfast coz its mothers day" I was awake anyway, so B jumped into bed quickly and had cuddles with me. I got to stay in bed while the hubby and B headed to the kitchen. I read a bit and then was brought breakfast in bed, and presents!


 Beautiful necklace from Rockstars & Royalty

Chocolates and baking tray. Yay!!



When I finally got out of bed, Bianca was making sure that the picnic was going according to schedule, we ended up inside because it was so cold. We had an antipasto platter with champagne... well B had water.


I continued my mothers day afternoon icing my cookies, and am now looking forward to roast pork for dinner! 
Hope all the mums out there have had a wonderful day as well <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment