Friday 4 May 2012

Parties, Vintage Weekend & Afternoon Tea



My sister & I, at the start of the night

Ok so I have been a little absent, but I'm back!!!
This post is about last weekend, mostly because I had so much fun I just have to share :)

So my weekend kicked off on the Friday. I had been last minute invited by my workmate to a nutrimetics party at her place that night. So I said yes, there was guaranteed to be some awesome cake there, and I wouldn't want to miss that :)
I was not disappointed. Miss K had made some chocolate baileys (I cant actually remember but I think that is the right flavour) cupcakes topped with fresh whipped cream. Yum. The nutrimetics side was good too. My hand ended up looking very sexy ;)
Mmm Cupcakes!

Saturday night I had Miss N's birthday party. My sister and I were heading out afterwards as her friends had a gig to celebrate the launch of their EP. I swear Saturday was freezing, and trust that it was a cocktail party, so short little dresses were called for. Or that's how I interpreted it. So we dressed up and headed out.

Cue short little dress


Dinner was at Hogs Breath, I'd never been before so it was.... an experience. At least the bar staff were cute. We started on the cocktails, Annon picked the caramel obsession and stuck with it, I shopped around, I think I had a sexy time, yes!, fruit tingle and some other cocktail that mostly tasted like vodka... I forget what that was called. We missed out on all the excitement though, we were inside when a fight broke out outside, then when we went outside a fight broke out inside. Damn timing.

I forget what this was, but it was good

After dinner we had a few hours to kill before Annons friends gig, so we decided to go see Damo & friends as they were out celebrating birthdays too. We met up with them at Honkytonks, another place I had never been to, and probably not a place I would go back to. We got a white sangria which was sadly dirt tasting. Annon finished that. We all migrated to Muddle bar, again I had never been here (can you tell I don't get out often!) Annon had a weis bar cocktail and I had a femme fatale, maybe we had 2 of those..... I'm not sure. There was also a long island iced tea, which was very cute as it came in a tea pot with tea cups :)

Annons Weis bar cocktail

Chillin'

Damo called it a night shortly after, so Annon and I headed round to her friends gig. On the way we stopped at the theatre as Annon had to show me a sculpture they'd erected. It was very.... phallic looking. Canberra seems to have a small obsession with erecting pieces of art with a borderline sexual feel/look. Drive around, I'm sure you'll see it.

Awkwardly shaped art




I'll admit, at this point I was so tired and feeling old that I bailed. I didn't leave Annon by herself though, we met up with her friends and boyfriend first, then I called it a night, coz I'm considerate like that. :)

Sunday morning I woke up bright and early and without a hangover. Win for me!! I have a confession, I like collecting tea cups/pots, glassware, old school stuff like that. So when I heard that the Love Vintage Show was in Canberra for the weekend, I had to go. So, because I was up nice and early I got to spend a couple of hours at the show. I loved it! There was so much stuff there. Although not as much servingware as what I had hoped I still thoroughly enjoyed looking through all the stalls and admiring the "vintage" (hot rod) vehicles. They had a couple of workshops there and B and I got our hair done. The hubby was fairly content looking through everything with me. He either secretly like this stuff too, or just loves me lots :)



By the time we'd finished wandering around it was almost afternoon tea time, we went home so I could change into something more appropriate for my hairstyle, and went into Adore Tea. It was very busy, but as always, the staff were lovely, and the food was delicious.

More appropriately dressed!


I'll have what she's having

Dutch "pancakes"

Cookies & cream

After all that we ended up having roast chicken for dinner, perfect way to end a perfect weekend!

















No comments:

Post a Comment