Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Cupcakes





At work we know stock the Paper Eskimo range of paper baking cups. I absolutely adore them! They hold their shape, dont fade or go see through when you bake with them and they're just really really cute :) So I grabbed some to play around with on the weekend.
These cups are also great for jelly or as little lolly cups for parties. I decided I would use the chocolate mud cake mix that has been sitting in my cupboard for a little bit. No picture instructions for that. It was a packet mix, but the real excitement was the icing. I thought I would try and colour match the icing to the cup as they are really sweet happy colours. I think I did all right!


You will need:
1 cake mix for cupcakes. (I used Betty Crockers mud cake which made 20 cupcakes)
1 batch of IM Buttercream
Americolors Royal Blue & Tulip Red
Wilton gel colour Lemon Yellow
and brush up on multi-coloured icing if you need to.

First separate the buttercream into 3 equal portions 


Add 1 colour to each portion. I should mention here that it wasn't my intention to make the red a kind of orange colour, but the buttercream has a yellow base as opposed to a white base, hence the orange. You can colour the buttercream with a white food colouring first if it bothers you. Bag up the colours following the multi-coloured icing steps.


Always test out the buttercream once you've bagged it to make sure that all colours are flowing well. Plus it looks so pretty on the plate


Pipe away!! Then once you are done, sit back and smile at the pretty colours. And share them, you gotta share the happiness around :)









No comments:

Post a Comment