Wednesday 30 May 2012

Excuse me, I moustache you a question




I like moustaches, not on men though, that's a bit awkward, but the edible/hilarious versions I love. Which means I have been looking for moustache cookie cutters for a little bit. Finally I found them on Inspired Insanity. Queue Excited squeals! I got them express posted because I just couldn't wait. and when they did arrive I did a happy dance :)

Again, I used Sugar belles sugar cookie recipe and flavoured it with Lorann Pralines & Cream flavour oil. I also used her royal icing recipe and used the pralines & cream to flavour it. I just want to say that her cookie recipe is so good, even in my oven her times for yummy cookies were spot on! Now, if you've been reading my other posts you'll know I'm of the belief that everything is more awesome if it comes on a stick. So, of course the moustaches had to be sticked. Plus, it makes for much easier moustache faces if there is a stick to hold it up.

I did a light and dark version of each colour, and although the brown is reversed, I suggest filling the details (the pressed in bit) first, with the lighter colour, let it dry (maybe half an hour) then going over the raised bits with the darker colour. Its then a good idea to leave them out to dry overnight.

A moustache to suit everyone!

The 5 types of moustache that I received, complete with stamped tops

I used White royal icing to attach sticks to the cookies

Bit of royal icing on the cookie first

Press the stick in and add more royal icing on top

All sticked up

With pretty light beams

The front!



CUE MOUSTACHE MONTAGE!!!!


Black Bristle Brush aka "The Detective"


Red Baron, good colour matching for this one

Blonde Imperial

Brown Woolford

Black Walrus


Apparently moustaches are also handy for peaking through

And as horns


No comments:

Post a Comment